Star Alliance member, Ethiopian Airlines Canada, retained RadonicRodgers as its Agency of Record & PR marketing partner in Canada. Responsibilities included managing PR, social media, events, trade & consumer media planning. The relationship had an immediate impact, dramatically improving the airline’s digital communications effectiveness and presence while significantly improving both flight loads and flight frequency.
Results achieved within the first year of engagement:
- Tripled positive press mentions from 24% to 74%, Neutral press 26%
- Decreased negative press by 80% from 8.6% to 1%
- Increased Earned media 2017 over $700,000
- Leads direct competition media sentiment & social media engagement
- Flight loads increased from 70% to 95% average in less than a year
- Flight frequency up from 3 to 5 direct flights weekly (Toronto-Africa).
Public relations activity within the first year of engagement:
- Regular PR activity emphasized brand awareness, direct flights to Africa, service levels, new ultra-modern fleet, excellent safety record, largest airline in Africa, 71 years of service
- Multiple trade & media events conducted 5th Anniversary in Canada and 70th Anniversary Event
- Overcame negative/unfounded market misperceptions, turned situation around in only 1 year to overwhelming positive social engagement and significantly increased earned media
- Established PR partnerships with organizations & personalities e.g. SickKids Hospital and celebrity chef, David Rocco
- Set up all Canadian Social Media properties and community management such as their facebook page.
- Increased fan base from zero (0) to one of the largest regional
Social Media properties, resounding positive engagement and feedback
- Increased engagement on press, wire releases and media relations
- Developed conversion point and Canadian micro-site with Canadian-specific content, i.e. contests, promotions and testimonials
- E-blast newsletter releases, “Connections Africa,” with Canadian slant.