Star Alliance member, Ethiopian Airlines Canada, retains RadonicRodgers as its Agency of Record & PR marketing partner. Services include managing PR, social media, events, trade & consumer media planning. An immediate impact was achieved, dramatically improving the airline’s digital communications effectiveness and presence, while significantly improving flight loads and flight frequency.
Dramatic & immediate improvement in results:
- Tripled positive press mentions from 24% to 74%, neutral press 26%
- Decreased negative press by 80% from 8.6% to 1%
- Increased earned media to over $1 million/yr
- Leads direct competition media sentiment & social media engagement
- Flight loads increased from 70% to 95% average in less than a year
- Flight frequency up from 3 to 5 direct flights weekly (Toronto-Africa)
- Doubled overall business in less than 3 years.
Public relations barrage turned things around:
- PR activity emphasized brand awareness, direct flights to Africa, service levels, new ultra-modern fleet, excellent safety record, largest airline in Africa, 71 years of service
- Trade & media events: 5th Anniversary in Canada and 70th Anniversary
- Overcame negative/unfounded market misperceptions, turnaround in only 1 year to overwhelming positive social engagement and dramatic increase in earned media
- Established PR partnerships with organizations & personalities e.g. SickKids Hospital and celebrity chef, David Rocco
- Set up all localized Social Media properties and community management such as the Facebook page.
- Increased fan base from zero (0) to one of the largest regional
Social Media properties: resounding positive engagement/feedback
- Increased engagement on press, wire releases and media relations
- Developed conversion point and localized micro-site with locally-specific content, i.e. contests, promotions and testimonials
- Regular E-blast newsletter releases: “Connections Africa“.